Please Note: This article may contain affiliate links, meaning I may receive a small kickback if you sign up via any of the links. Thank you for supporting the Side Hustle Mom mission!
Can I be brutally honest with you for just a second?
Promise me you won’t judge?
Okay, good. (And thank you.)
I have never stepped foot in a gym.
I’m not sure if it’s because I’m intimidated, cheap, or lazy, but I have never had a real desire to go work out with equipment. Nevertheless, I do still have a desire to be fit and healthy, so I try to get in as much walking, toddler chasing, planks, lunges, dancing, etc. as I can each day. To track my steps and movement, I had been using the Health feature of my iPhone, but felt I wasn’t getting an accurate reading (seeing as though I had to have my phone on me at all times, which hardly ever happens at home).
Enter my awesome husband gifting me a FitBit wristband (affiliate) for Christmas!
I love my FitBit. It tells me the time, tracks my footsteps (though I do feel it is a little off from time to time), and even monitors my sleep — it’s like my new BFF! Come to find out, not only does FitBit track my every movement, it also pays me to get active.
Here are just a few of ways it (literally) pays to get fit:
1. Walgreens Balance Rewards: This one is a little in-depth, so I will share exactly what Walgreens says: Get 20 points per mile when you walk, run or cycle. Plus, get 20 points per weigh-in, blood pressure test, blood glucose test, and earn points while you quit smoking/tobacco with Balance Rewards for healthy choices. As a Balance Rewards member, earn 5,000 points and receive a $5 reward to redeem on your next purchase. The more points you earn, the bigger your reward.
2. HealthyWager: Losing weight and getting fit works so much better when you have someone both cheering you on and holding you accountable, which is exactly where HealthyWager comes into play! To play, simply determine your weight loss goal, whether you're participating in a group wide pot or with your friends/co-workers, and then make a bet on how much weight you'll lose and in what timeframe. Depending on your group and goals, you could make up to $10K. Cool, right?
3. Achievement: AchieveMint lets you earn rewards with the health and fitness apps you already own, use, and love. From sleeping well to eating healthier to taking the stairs vs. the elevator, you will earn rewards just by making better choices. The more you do, the more you earn (via Paypal, gift card, or Visa gift card). Cha-ching!
4. Ebates: As if you didn't have enough reasons to love Ebates (remind me to tell you about the time I used their link for less than a MONTH on my regular Amazon, eBay, and Groupon purchases and received a check in the mail for $43), the FREE cash back app will also give you money back on purchases like Nike, Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, GNC, and more.
5. Commit: "Have a goal? Commit to it" with the new Commit app, which "eliminates all of your excuses and encourages you to follow through on commitments and become the best you." Whether you are looking to hit work goals or start living healthier, Commit will both hold you accountable and reward your favorite non-profit for your productivity!
Do you use any of these apps? Let us know what you think in the comments!